Thursday, March 27, 2014

6. Brand Identification

      One brand that has always played a significant role in my life is Lacoste. My earliest memory of the brand was when my aunt would always wear it. I was curious at first until i noticed everyone wearing it. To me it was just a nice polo shirt made of different colors and had the alligator logo to the chest. But I began noticing that it was a brand of "high status" and "luxury". When someone would wear It, they'd question It's authenticity and feel the fabric as if it was something short of a miracle. That got me curious as to what it was. In a way, I became curious and eventually liked the brand.
     The main reason I liked Lacoste was because of it's price tag. No matter where I went, there was never a sale for the shirts. The jeans were always $150 and over and the shirts, no matter how simple were always more than $80. When I bought my first shirt, I wanted to wear It carefully and always looked after It with fragile care. When I bought my first pair of jeans, I wore It so much I wanted the world to "notice". It made me feel rich when I wasn't. Something about the brand gave me a sense of self confidence I never had before. Then I branched out to Lacoste cologne and since the brand was familiar, I've grown familiar to purchasing It faithfully.
     In a way, that sense of fake high status just because of a name brand you wear is stupid. Yet we all continue to do It from sneakers to suits, because the name brand tells you how much It's worth. To people who "know" the price of the brand and how it's made, we make ourselves show our worth by what we wear. What we wear conveys our personality, our confidence, and our portrays our inner thoughts. No matter what, everyday people judge you but what you wear and sometimes wearing clothes that are likable to the public helps your mind block out any negativity. Some people care more than others, but to me, Lacoste is that name brand that I wouldn't mind investing in just because I know what I'm buying.
tumblr_m8vht3ZpuS1rt4ewpo1_1280.jpgtumblr_m8vht3ZpuS1rt4ewpo1_1280.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment